MINISTRY OF HEALTH
The Central Pubic Health Laboratories (CPHL) in partnership with the Global Healthcare Public Foundation (GHPF) is calling for abstracts from all Ugandan Laboratory Professionals for the HUQAS Quality conference scheduled to take place on 8th and 9th September 2016 in KICD Necece Resource Centre, Nairobi – Kenya. The scientists whose abstracts are accepted by HUQAS shall be fully sponsored to attend the conference. Regional Laboratory Coordinators, District Laboratory Focal Persons, Hub Coordinators and Laboratory Managers/Quality Officers are particularly encouraged to send abstracts.
The abstracts should be focused on the following 4 thematic areas:-
- Laboratory Quality Management Systems
- Training and competency assessment of laboratory personnel
- Automation in laboratories
- Biosafety and risk management in laboratories
- All abstracts must be Microsoft Word files
- Abstracts must be typed in 12 point Times New Roman font
- The abstract body (sections: background, methods, results, and conclusions) is limited to 300 words and should follow the format outlined below. Figures and tables may not be included as part of the abstract.
- Title should be left justified and in upper case.
- Abstracts should be submitted via email as a Microsoft Word attachment
- Authors will be advised by email, two weeks after the abstract submission deadline, whether their abstracts have been accepted.
THE FOLLOWING FORMAT SHOULD BE USED WHEN SUBMITTING THE ABSTRACT.
Title: Title should highlight the primary content of the abstract.
Authors: Authors’ names should be listed using both first and last name.
The lead author’s name should be underlined and the author presenting the paper must be designated
Affiliations: List the institution, address (include e-mail address) for each author.
Background: Provide a brief description of the issue and questions that address
a particular knowledge and/or experiential gap, by the work presented.
Methods: Description of the experimental method/s used (e.g. descriptive,
analytical, cross-sectional, etc.).
Results: Summary of results.
Conclusions: A summary of key findings from your results and their application to
public health and laboratory medicine.
Please send the abstracts to the following address on or before 24th June 2016:-
ABSTRACT DEADLINE: FRIDAY 24TH JUNE 2016